IP Law Blogging – IP Lawyer/Law Firm Guidelines
Why Write for IPBlawg?
There are many reasons why you would want to become a contributor here (please note that we have recently changed our policies to allow IP law bloggers to publish here on an invite-only basis, so please do not send us any unsolicited posts for review):-
- Reach over 10,000 of our followers on Twitter and a wide professional audience on other social networks including LinkedIn and Facebook.
- Get your high quality content promoted from an established IP law blogging website.
- Share useful legal information to a large and varied legal and business community across the UK and beyond.
- Get full credit when your blog post is published.
Want to Get Started?
We’re currently only accepting new contributors on an invite-only basis. Please contact us to find out more.
Editorial Guidelines for IP Blawg Submissions
- IPBlawg is designed to be a dedicated community and online platform for sharing the best IP law intelligence (including news, knowledge and sharing of expertise) from around the world. Our editors are based in the UK and the United States although our reach and indeed content is global in nature. Posts can cover any topic within the IP sphere (IP law generally, protection of intellectual property, commercialisation and management of IP rights, laws related to copyright, patents, designs, trademarks etc, IP law in the digital age, with consideration of blogs and social media). There are various other topics that may be considered – please ask us – and if your post isn’t relevant for our audience here, we have other blawgs that may be much more appropriate for your post. Our editors are ex-lawyers with past experience in IP and e-commerce law and can tell useful posts from time-wasting ones.
- IPBlawg welcomes IP lawyers, trade mark and patent attorneys, brand managers and any other professionals with an interest in IP law to publish here.
- Specify the governing law of your article where appropriate e.g. it may apply under Scots law or the laws of England & Wales. For many IP legal subjects, such as trademark law, the applicable law is usually larger than any one country or state. So it may be appropriate to say that a post applies across the UK, or across Europe or across the United States and in various cases across the world. Please do let readers know.
- Blog posts can be of any length but should ideally be over 500 words. There is no maximum length for number of posts or number of words within posts.
- Original blog posts are preferred although we are also open to republishing content already published elsewhere if of value to our readership.
- Use subheadings where appropriate using the H1, H2 and H3 tagging functions.
- Respect the copyright in the work of others.
- Include video and images where relevant if you have the rights to use them. YouTube videos, for instance, can easily be embedded in posts to help improve your posts.
- Include links to authoritative sources to support your material.
- If posting affiliate links, please make readers aware that they are such.
- Include a short professional bio at the beginning or end of your posts.
- Share your submission with your contacts through your social networks.
What we do not publish
- We do not publish generic articles unrelated to law and of no value to our readers.
- We do not publish articles already published elsewhere unless of value to our readers.
Other Guest Law Blogging Policy Information
- We reserve the right to reject any blog submitted on reasonable grounds e.g. the post was not on a relevant area of law.
- We reserve the right to make changes – Please do not be offended if we suggest amendments to your post. We will notify your of any major changes.
- We may add internal links where helpful for readers.
- Authors are permitted to republish their guest law blog posts elsewhere – if so a link to the original post is preferred.
- We may add a link to your website or blog in the blogroll section of the site where appropriate and will notify you of such additions.
If you have any queries please do not hesitate to contact us via the Contact form on this website.
We look forward to hearing from you.